"My first ever ceramics piece, a puffer fish teapot: mouth is the spout, tail is the handle."
By reddit user HappilyEverNevermore
WHY DOES THIS ONLY HAVE 428 NOTES?!?
723?!? GIVE THIS RHE NOTES IT DESERVES.
For real. Jesus heals and sets free. Scaring people about hell or shaming them over the choices they’ve made (no matter how good or bad by your own standards) will do nothing but harm.
I know what I’m givin my pals for valentines :D
1. White terrorists are called “gunmen.” What does that even mean? A person with a gun? Wouldn’t that be, like, everyone in the US? Other terrorists are called, like, “terrorists.”
2. White terrorists are “troubled loners.” Other terrorists are always suspected of being part of a global plot, even when they are obviously troubled loners.
3. Doing a study on the danger of white terrorists at the Department of Homeland Security will get you sidelined by angry white Congressmen. Doing studies on other kinds of terrorists is a guaranteed promotion.
4. The family of a white terrorist is interviewed, weeping as they wonder where he went wrong. The families of other terrorists are almost never interviewed.
5. White terrorists are part of a “fringe.” Other terrorists are apparently mainstream.
6. White terrorists are random events, like tornadoes. Other terrorists are long-running conspiracies.
7. White terrorists are never called “white.” But other terrorists are given ethnic affiliations.
8. Nobody thinks white terrorists are typical of white people. But other terrorists are considered paragons of their societies.
9. White terrorists are alcoholics, addicts or mentally ill. Other terrorists are apparently clean-living and perfectly sane.
10. There is nothing you can do about white terrorists. Gun control won’t stop them. No policy you could make, no government program, could possibly have an impact on them. But hundreds of billions of dollars must be spent on police and on the Department of Defense, and on TSA, which must virtually strip search 60 million people a year, to deal with other terrorists.
Juan Cole, 08/09/2012
Juan Cole actually wrote this 4 days after a white terrorist, yes, terrorist, murdered 6 and injured 4 people at a Sikh gurdwara in Wisconsin. The terrorist who committed said crime spoke of an impending “racial holy war” beforehand and was a member of white supremacist/neo-Nazi hate groups.
When a man set up a fake internet dating profile pretending to be female, he set out to prove a point about how easy women have it when searching for an online match.
However, his experiment backfired when – just two hours later – he was forced to delete his account because of an ‘onslaught’ of unwanted attention.
Bombarded with explicit and intimidating messages, the man was so shocked he shared his experience in an online forum for women on reddit.
He said: ‘Guys were full-on spamming my inbox with multiple messages before I could reply to even one asking why I wasn’t responding and what was wrong.
Within a two-hour span it got me really down and I was feeling really uncomfortable with everything. I figured I would get some weird messages here and there, but what I got was an onslaught of people who were, within minutes of saying hello, saying things that made me – as a dude who spends most of his time on 4chan [the popular online imageboard] - uneasy.
I came away thinking that women have it so much harder than guys do when it comes to that kind of stuff.’
Oh look another instance of not accepting women’s experiences as valid until they “experience” it for themselves.
The eyes of Marines before, during & after Afghanistan. Photographed by Dutch photographer Claire Felicie.
This honestly may be one of my favorite posts on Tumblr.